Wednesday, September 28, 2011

one year ago

I cannot believe it has been one year since I got to meet sweet baby Jake. I cannot believe one year ago we all had to say goodbye.

He is so missed. He is so loved. Thank you to his parents for loving him in such an amazing way. Thank you to his parents for continuing to remind us of God's great love in the midst of tragedy.

I wish I had adequate words to describe what I feel. His mother honestly said it best here. I don't think there was a day that went by this year that I didn't think of him and miss him. So many things that we all didn't get to experience this year with him. So many milestones that should have been. But know this, his life has touched more people than I ever could have imagined. With each milestone that was missed there was a new gift that God has granted through his life.

Jake we all miss you. We wish we could have spent more time with you on this Earth. Your parents are the most amazing people I have ever met. They have honored and cherished you in such a beautiful way. They have shown everyone how great and loving Jesus is. They attribute it all to you. You have changed us all for the better. I cannot wait to spoil you in heaven!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Tylie! We miss you baby Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you friend. Thanks for writing this and for always remembering Jake :)

    ReplyDelete