Friday, September 16, 2011

Dan's Highlight

Are you just DYING to know what the highlight of the trip was for Dan???? Welp...here ya go!

I am just going to go ahead and say what you all are thinking...I am awesome!!! LOL. Dan was so excited about his new gun. He brought it along to shoot prairie dogs. He really wanted me to try it out (don't worry I couldn't bring myself to shoot those cute little friends). So instead I shot:
And if I am being honest I have to say it was a blast!!! Dan, Papa Steve and myself had a little friendly competition. A desert bottle shoot out if you will. Papa Steve won. Dan and I tied...that's right I TIED! I bet you are thinking about how awesome I am again...haha. :)

Now before you judge Dan and Papa Steve too harshly for killing prairie dogs know that all the farmers out there despise them. They desperately want people to come out and kill them because they ruin everything! The crops, the cattle and horses. My uncle kindly put it this way: They are pests...rats that dig. Well when you say it like that...


Dan and Papa Steve checking out Dan's kill


Looking around to see if there are more. The color on the pictures here are a little off because I was in the car...no I didn't care to get out and see it (though Dan made me later...sigh).


The guys and their guns!


This picture makes me smile!


The view from my Gregersen (my mom's parents) grandparent's house! I love it!!!


Told you they live out in the desert :)


My grandpa McFarlane (my Dad's parents) taking Dan out for some more prairie dog hunting!
 A Special Thanks to:

My mom for watching the kids for a bit so I could go shooting and make my husband happy (and have fun, too..hehe)

My uncle for taking us out and showing us where to shoot :)

Both sets of grandparents for letting Dan (and Papa Steve) shoot on their land.

Love you Dan-O!!!

1 comment: