Thursday, October 4, 2012

Adventures With Three

Here is a little sneak peak of what life looks like with 3 littles! Be warned it is a long sneak peek. Sorry!!!

Colt wasn't seeming like himself today. He was a bit fussy and wouldn't let me put him down. He would dose in my arms but as soon as I put him down he would wake up screaming. I had a feeling his tummy was bothering him and kept trying to burp him. No luck.

So while Saffryn and Pierce were eating at the table and after my oh so nutritious lunch of beef jerky and grape tomatoes (the kids got the last of the bread for their sandwiches and the fruit. Moms always come last. Lol) I was up putting things away while holding Colt.

Suddenly he has the hugest burp ever. It sounded like it should have come from a full grown man and not my 5 week old! Awesome! Tummy problem solved! 5 seconds later he has the hugest spit up ever. It gets all over me, the floor and of course himself. There is no getting around this one, he HAS to have a bath.

So I put Colt on a blanket on the living room floor. He is so happy now! Poor fella. Back to the kitchen to clean up the floor. Then to the bathroom to clean me up and get his tub. Saffryn realizes something "exciting" is going on and abandons her lunch. She joins me in the bathroom. "Can I help mom? Can I?" hmm.. I truly don't see any way she can help."You can watch."

Typically I think bathing a small baby is a 2 person job, but considering another set of adult hands were not going to magically appear that leaves me to do it. I try to get organized because I won't have the luxury of asking another adult to get something if I forget. I grab a towel, diaper, clothes, wash cloth, soap and clean blanket.

Pierce is now screaming because he got left at the table by himself. Ok...I better take care of him. Drop items off by a now sleepy and happy Colt. Get Pierce all cleaned up and set him off to play. Go and get the tub filled with warm water while keeping an eye on the kids who have found baby brother on the floor.

Go get baby brother and items. Put the towel on the counter and open it so it will be ready. Saffyn runs and gets her stool so she can help. Pierce runs to get the other stool so he isn't left out. Both stand as close to me as humanly possible! LOL!

Manage to clean Colt up by myself while keeping little helpful hands at bay! Yeah!!! Drain the water and put Colt on the towel. Pick him up and he has he hugest pee ever. What is with this kid and the LARGE quantities of grossness today?!?! Pee is now all over the floor. Two kids are all over the place and I have a cold naked baby. Oh did I forget to mention Crash? He is also right behind me getting into everything. Gah!

Okay first thing I decide I need to cloth this baby before ANYTHING else comes out of his body. His clean towel is no longer clean so I ask Saffryn to run and get me a clean one! Thank goodness she does!

We all head to the living room to get him dressed. Pierce feels the need to point out every body part on Colt. Saffryn is trying to help me towel him off! Finally manage to get him dressed. So glad he was so happy, that made this so much easier!

Realize it is after 12:30 and Pierce needs to go down for a nap. Oops...first I need to clean up the floor. The troops follow me in and we do a clean up of the floor. Colt stays in the living room happy as can be! I need to have a burp like that!!!

I Gather a wondering Pierce and get him to his room. Change his diaper, put on his shirt and turn on his music. Saffryn comes running in, "Mom, Colt had another spit." "Okay. Don't touch it. I will be right there. Just sing to him." She runs off. I pray she doesn't sit on him or something. I get Pierce in his crib.

I go see Colt. I thankfully see no spit up! He is however fussing a bit. Give him his binky and he is out cold! I take a quick picture of him looking so so cute! That is a 3 month outfit by the way...just sayin.



Take him to his swing in my room (he is really funny about the swing. More about that in another post).

Phew...2 down 1 to go!

Long story short Saffryn has been having a hard time adjusting to everything. She has started acting out during nap time to get attention. So after discussing this with my MIL and Dan I decided to spend some of nap time giving her special time. Kind of stinks for me (okay, who am I kidding, it TOTALLY stinks for me. That cuts my quiet time in half and pretty much ensures I will not get a nap. But I remind myself that in 5 years I won't care if I had naps or not, but I will cherish time spent with my daughter and be so glad I took time out to meet her needs).

So now it is special time with Saffryn. We play a new memory game I got just for her. Disney princess memory game...fun! She is really good at it, too! Thirty minutes later we clean up the game and head to her room for her new "special story time" otherwise known as books on tape. I get her all set up with her book and cd going and remind her of the new rules: she can listen to the story as many times as she wants, she can read other books and/or she can play with her animals (no I don't even mention the word sleep anymore.). When bunny wakes up she can come and get me.

Leave room and take a deep breath! Ahhh!!! A tiny break! (until either someone wakes up, or Saffryn leaves her room before bunny wakes up and needs redirection). Well lunch hasn't been cleaned up yet, bath stuff hasn't been cleaned up yet and Crash needs to be let out. But you know what...I decide to blog about my day instead! Dishes can wait, but I don't want a memory to slip away unrecorded!!!

So that is my super long sneak peak of about a two hour period of time at my house. Can we say CRAZY?!?!

Haha! Life is certainly an adventure with 3 young children, but I am glad we get to have these adventures together!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I love that after you bathed Colt he peed everywhere. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hardest stretch with 3 littles was when Carson was between 4-6 weeks old. My 3.5 year old was a little terror during the time and of course the 21 month old would just follow along with anything he was doing. It did get much better pretty quickly. Overall I thought the transition from 2 to 3 was the easiest one for me. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete