Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gymnastics

I am so far behind in blogging that I am just picking a subject and going with it! Here we go...GYMNASTICS!

So I really want Saffryn to have some exposure to other children and structured activities without actually going to a childcare setting full time. I have found a couple of activities that fit that criteria. One of them is our story time at the library and the other is gymnastics! There is a chain of gymnastic places around the country called MY GYM.

I heard about it from one of my new mom friends at story time and was so excited to try it out and see if it would be a good fit for us! I was SO happy with what I found. The teacher is amazing!!!! Saffryn is so shy especially when first going somewhere. The teacher was so patient and let Saffryn do things at her comfort level while at the same time encouraging her to try new things! There are so many things for Saffryn to climb on, jump on, roll, hang, spin, run...you name it!!!! I also really love the structure. There are times of free play that the kids just go to whatever suits their fancy, but there are times when they are asked to sit in a circle for about 5 minutes to sing songs and listen to the teacher. Great practice for preschool and kindergarten! Also they are willing to let me bring Pierce with us. He sometimes gets fussy and they are so okay with that!

So after our first (free by the way) trial class I think both Saffryn and I were sold! We decided to make it a part of our schedule and come once a week!  We have been to a few classes now and at first she was super shy and didnt know the rules but now she is such a pro! She goes to the circle right away and stays till its over. She is so adventurous now and tries new activities! I have to drag her away!!!! We are both so glad I found this place! It will be fun for Pierce when he gets a little older, too! Here are some pictures of a few different times of her playing!


Saffryn having fun at Gymnastics!


Saffryn getting brave and climbing everything!



A picture of the climbing structures!

Ramps and stairs!


so much to do and see!


look at all those 'big balls" as Saffryn calls them!


Climbing up this neat ladder!


Sweet baby!


Pierce relaxing on the floor watching the kids play!

hmm...what is over this wall????


Look at all those balls...a girls dream come true! :)


The music scared him...poor baby!


Showing the teacher the animals she found in the tent!

A new swing to try! So fun!
We love GYMNASTICS!!!! YAY! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! She is so cute! That looks like so much fun. Pierce made me laugh out loud with that face :)

    ReplyDelete