Sunday, November 7, 2010

crying over cake

So I must first warn you about this blog post...it is coming from an over tired, pregnant woman trying to plan her baby's first birthday!!!



We are going to celebrate Saffryn's first birthday this upcoming weekend...and I do not have very much done or planned. This is due in part to my major procrastination (if you don't believe me just ask any of my college friends). But this is also due to my few meltdowns while thinking about my sweet sweet baby girl growing up so quickly.



Before I go any further I want to clarify. I have loved watching Saffryn grow up. She is such a joy and a delight. Watching her personality develop has been so rewarding and amazing. She is so much fun and her little brain never stops working! I am also very thankful because I am very aware of how blessed I am to have gotten to spend a year with her. Every day I get with her is a huge blessing from God.



So why the meltdowns??? Because it goes too fast. I know that is cliche. but like all cliches it is so very true. It felt like a blink of an eye. How did it happen. I thought I was treasuring every moment, taking a million pictures and making so many memories. Yet time moves as it always does...rapidly. I know these next 17 years are going to fly by. Yes its 17 years but ask any parent and they all say the same...it went so fast. Then what...college, letting go. Watching her daddy walk her down the aisle, trusting someone else to take care of her. ahh here come the tears.



Why is this so hard....well because a lifetime is too short. It just wont be enough time. When I am old and gray I know I am going to be thinking...I just want more time with my husband, my children, my friends, my family. This life just goes so fast. The good news: God has made us as ETERNAL beings!!!!! Christ has fought for our freedom and because of him and through him we can have eternal life!!! I wonder if he purposely makes this life feel so short so we will be reminded of what is to come. That we will lean on him and trust him and want more than what this short life has to offer. Eternity...can you imagine!



So that is what I will do. I will keep this little seed of hope and press onward through this life. I will enjoy all the many wonderful things, love this life and take the jobs God gives me seriously, yet look forward to more. I do not doubt that there will be more tears...even silly tears like I have to buy a cake for my baby because she is turning one tears. But in the meantime I can try to plan this party and look forward to more...eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment