Monday, July 12, 2010

The DTS Weekend

So Dan and I decided that we needed a weekend for just the three of us..Dan, Tylie and Saffryn (DTS). The last several weeks have been exhausting, physically, emotionally and just plain busy (see previous post for more details). So this weekend we decided to make no commitments and just spend time with each other. IT WAS WONODERFUL!!!!


Friday: After telling a girlfriend about this plan she and her husband offered to watch Saffryn for us so we could have the evening to ourselves! What great friends. Then they called back later and said, "actually can she just stay the night"....eeek! Was I ready for that...yes I was. Saffryn and my first night apart...ever. So we dropped her of at the McClures and went on our way. We ran at the Y, went to dinner and a movie: Knight and Day. It was a great evening and the movie was fun. THANK YOU McClures!

Saturday: Well I woke up at 5 and was thinking, "ok they will probably call me soon"...dozed on and off until 8. "hmm...is my phone not working?".....8:20 texted them..."is everything ok????" "yup just finished breakfast and is playing". WOW! She did so well. I was 95% happy! LOL ok so every mom wants their children to want and need them. So Dan and I ate breakfast by ourselves and relaxed (for a bit...I was starting to get antsy). We picked up Saffryn, went to lunch and then went swimming at Papa and Gigi's house. I so wish I would have brought my camera because Saffryn was lounging in her float like the Diva she is! So much fun! It was great to have the night to ourselves and it was shaping up to be a really fun and relaxing weekend.

Sunday: Woke up and went to the Zoo! Dan hasn't been to the zoo in forever and Saffryn hadn't been at all. What a fun day! Saffryn was interested in more of the animals than I thought she would be, but if they were not making noise or moving she didn't notice them. I think her favorite of the whole day were birds flying around in the South America part. I actually did remember to take my camera so here are some pictures of our fun fun fun day!
Watch our world....a new Audrey Hepburn is coming!!!!!
Dan and I at the zoo Daddy and daughter watching the chimps!
Saffryn our little bird watcher!Watching the birds flying all around!

I love this picture!



BIG lion!

After a long day we were all hot and ready to go home

We had such a great weekend. It was so relaxing and we just enjoyed spending quality time together! Maybe we should do this more often... :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww!! I love these pictures! And I love the zoo. Looks like you had a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete