Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beauty dispite the sadness

Towards the end of May I thought June was going to be such a promising month. So much to look forward to and lots of exciting changes for us and for my friends. However June has brought a lot of hard unexpected things. There has also been some good things too...so I will just briefly outline our month.

End of May/Beginning of June: One of our relatives was diagnosed with Cancer. This will fall under the category of Sadness

Beginning of June: One of my closest friends found out some very hard news about her pregnancy: Sadness

Beginning of June: Saffryn started crawling...so much fun: Beauty!

Second week of June: Found out I was pregnant with our second child: Beauty!

Next week: I had a miscarriage: Sadness. (I am sorry for those of you finding out this way. It happened at a bad time and it is a hard thing to bring up when you didn't know I was pregnant in the first place. It was also just confirmed by my doctor).

Same week: A good friend of ours went to the emergency room and had emergency surgery. He was in ICU for a couple of weeks: Sadness

End of June: My sister got MARRIED!!!! It was such a wonderful wedding. She was a beautiful bride. I LOVED all of the family time and wished it didn't go by so quickly: Beauty!!!!!!!

End of June: Our friend got moved out of ICU and is starting the recovery process. This will be a slow and painful process. I would like to say beauty but it is still very hard for their family.

These are just a few of the big ones, several other hard things and good things happened in June. Not the best month for us by a long shot. We have been sad for us and for others, but somehow it is still okay. We and so many of the people who fall into the sadness category have been blessed by the support of friends and family. So what is the moral of the story??? That despite some of our sadness that God is still good. He is also completely in control even if it doesn't feel like it. He blesses us with family, friends, recovery and healing. He gives us life and we have so much to be thankful for. That despite our sadness and loss that there is still beauty to be found and life to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment