Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Day Three: Snowdon Peak

I woke up super nervous about our big hike. I don't know why but I just didn't know what to expect!

We decided to hike up to the top of Snowdonia. It is the tallest mountain in Wales. We took a bus from the town we were staying to a small town just on the base of Snowdon.

Snowdon is the peak in the right.

The start of the trial was flat. But it was beautiful!

Here are some ruins of a copper mine. So cool!

Around this time I started to feel a little disappointed. I was wanting the trail to be a little more difficult. Well after the turn it got a little
more interesting

We were on this trial for a while which was starting to feel a bit more challenging. Then we came to this

That was now the trial to get up to meet another trail to the top. I'm not sure this picture even does it justice. When we came upon this our jaws dropped. Welp, there is my challenging hike!

Side note:
right before we hiked up this part a group of young adults came up to us and asked if we could read a map and knew where we were. We said yes and explained to them that they were not lost and yes we had to go up the side of that mountain. One girl looked at me and got so excited and said, "oh I LOVE your accent!!! Are you from Texas?" She was from England and let's face it had the better accent. But it totally made my day! And I was impressed by her geography! Our dialect is really close to Texas (except ya'll. And fixin).

The views started getting incredible once we were climbing up.

Oh man the last bit of the hike up to the top was brutal! Lots of rocks to scramble over and boulders to climb. And there were also a lot of rocky stairs. But the views from the top were so worth it!!!

Here is the summit.

We made it to the very top! Woo!!!

After a lunch break we hiked back down. It was just as hard as hiking up because of the large rocks.

Yea we did it!!!

Here is the tiny town where the bus stop is. So cute!

Snowdonia is just a gorgeous mountain range. So much rugged beauty. We had such a fun and special day hiking to the top of this peak. Wales is an incredible scenic place. The hike did not end up disappointing me at all! Just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment