Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mini water bead sensory time

So I stumbled across a super fun blog:

funathomewithkids.com

So many neat ideas that we will be trying!  I decided to try the edible mini bead sensory first because we hadn't done anything like that yet. 

http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2013/10/safe-edible-non-chokable-mini-water.html?m=1

So we first got the basil seeds
And used some liquid water color
And followed her directions. 
We added water, color and seeds
The seeds are supposed to soak up the water. We waited and waited and even added more seeds and they didn't quite soak up the water. Next time I will use half the amount of water and see if that would do the trick. Anyway, we got tired of waiting and just decided to play. 
I got a large tub for sensory and didn't realize the pattern on the bottom until I dumped it in. Lol!!!
I had put Max in his high chair with some food so he could just relax and eat. Nope. Not having it. He just cried and cried so I took him out and quess what?
He wanted to play, too!

He kept trying to crawl in so I gave up, took off his clothes and let him go. 


The kids enjoyed playing with these little beads. 



Critique:
This was fun. We will for sure be doing it again. I will try and figure out the seed to water ratio to get it less watery. Also, these things are super sticky!
I found it best to keep the kids in as little clothes as possible because it will stick to them really bad! My kids loved using spoons and water pipettes to add water and more color to it. I think there are ways to extend this activity. Thanks to this awesome blogger for some cool activities!


No comments:

Post a Comment